What is Radon?
“Radon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and chemically inert radioactive gas. It is formed by the natural radioactive decay of uranium in rock, soil, and water. It can be found in all 50 states. Testing for it is the only way of telling how much is present.”
- Radon IS real. It is a radioactive gas that kills one person every 25 minutes in the us alone.
- Radon is responsible for at least 21,000 lung cancer deaths per year in the United States alone.
- Deaths Per Year Comparison
- Radon Deaths: 21,000
- Drunk Driving Deaths: 17,400
- Falls in the home: 8,000
- Carbon Monoxide: 430
Common Myth’s About Radon
- If my neighbors home has radon so will mine? Fact: No, this is not true. All home are unique.
- I’ve been in my home a long time now and everything seems fine. Fact: This doesn’t mean it is. Only a test can say for sure.
- Radon testing is difficult, time-consuming and Expensive. Fact: Radon testing is easy and inexpensive.
- Radon testing devices are unreliable, and difficult to find. Fact: Radon testing devices are easily purchased through Reliable radon testing companies.
EPA states that 4 pCi/L is a recommended action level, yet homeowners can further reduce their potential lung cancer risk by mitigating homes that are below 4 pCi/L.
What is a Picocurie?
A pCi/L is a measure of the rate of radioactive decay of radon. One pCi/L is one trillionth of a Curie, 0.037 disintegrations per second, or 2.22 disintegrations per minute.
How Much Does A Radon Test Cost?
For $150 dollars, you can get your home tested to give you piece of mind that your family is safe. Please call us today @ 440-653-1947 or Contact Us to schedule your test. Why wait!