It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).
Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing. This website provides a brief overview; but it does not describe all potential health effects related to mold exposure. For more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.
MOLD EXCLUSION: Tri-County Inspections is not responsible for discovering or reporting on the presence or absence of mold or mildew. Furthermore, Tri-County is not responsible for any damages that arise from or related to mold or mildew, even if the mold or mildew is a direct consequence of a condition upon which.
Stains, discoloration, mold or fungi growth, and/or evidence of moisture observed at the interior of the house. These conditions may be symptomatic of further mold growth behind walls or ceilings. Since certain types of mold are toxic and may result in adverse health effects, it is strongly recommended that a mold inspection be performed by a qualified professional to determine the presence and types of mold in the house.
Urgent corrective measures may be needed to limit moisture and mold formation inside the home. Some people are sensitive to mold spore formation and may need to have area treated. Recent scientific evidence has shown that buildings with a history of chronic water intrusion, as well as seasonal moisture issues, may contain hidden mold spores and fungi growth. These, in turn, may contain toxic mold and bacteria which may lead to various occupant illnesses – some of which may have permanent effects.
If the report contains any references to observed mold, mildew and fungus, the buyer may wish to further investigate. The Inspector is not a hygienist, microbiologist or scientist and makes no implication one way or the other as to the nature of possible observed molds, etc.
Contact us today to find out more information ask any questions.